The proposed Hampton Downs 12 Hour race has been canned following the Pacific-Asia 36 series being shelved for the time being.
A recent Speedcafe.com report confirmed that the summer GT3 endurance series would be shelved following the cancellation of the Sepang race last year due lack of entries.
SRO boss Stephane Ratel says the series is put on hold, to focus mainly on the Intercontinental GT Challenge Championship.
“For this year no (the Hampton Downs 12 Hour won’t happen),” Ratel told Speedcafe.com.
“For the moment we will put the Asia Pacific 36 series to one side and when the main Intercontinental GT Challenge works we will think of a sub format.
“I never forget about anything so I’m sure it will happen one day.
“The idea was to do three events of 12 Hours with Bathurst, New Zealand and Sepang but for the moment I need to see what is going on with Australian GT and then to see if we want to revive Sepang.
“The idea of Sepang plus New Zealand and Australia is a nice winter series but that for the moment with Sepang not having enough cars secured was a bit of a step back for the project.
“We had two very good years at Sepang but last year was difficult.”
However, even though there is no 12 Hour race at Hampton Downs, the circuit will still host the Australian GT round in early October 13-14.